9.18.2009

Doctor Appointment Update

Everything went great at the appointment. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was by far one of the most amazing things I have ever heard (right up there to hearing Shane say "I do" on our wedding day). It took her about 5 minutes to find it and I started getting scared but she said if we couldn't find it with the doppler we would do an ultrasound. It was 164 bpm. The nurse said that is a very good rate.

My due date has been changed to April 13, 2010. It kinda sucks because I am not quite as far along but I am just so happy that everything is ok that I don't mind too much. Either way this baby will come when s/he is ready. haha So I am actually only 10 weeks and 3 days so I will be doing another 11 week update.

I had to give blood (4 vials). It wasn't very much fun but I didn't pass out so that is a HUGE plus. The doctor highly recommends getting a flu shot however I am so scared of shots I don't know if I will. Most likely I will decide to because the doctor said 30% of pregnant women end up in the hospital because of the flu and I DO NOT want to be hospitalized.

Our next appointment is October 16 but we are discussing getting some 1st trimester screenings done and if we do then I will go in then. I am going to be doing some research on the screenings to see it they are something we should do. If anyone has any thoughts I would be more than happy to hear them.

Anywho that is all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment